Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Beginner Lipstick for Olive Skin


Hey guys!
So, I've been really into lipstick for quite awhile, but never explored different types because i've always felt, and known, that I can't get a grip of the look on myself. Therefore, I've sadly admired other girls beauty as they transitioned their looks with eye popping colors. After a trip to Sephora, and a trip to Mac, I was given a bit of guidance and able to pick a few. Trying on drastic colors like reds, and other brights were scary to me. I wasn't and still am not used to wearing lipstick that I just thought I looked so strange! I'm sure many lipstick beginners feel the same. With my olive skin tone, I realized that all those amazing colors that many light skinned blondes can pull off will never work for me, but there are many other options that will glow beautifully with my olive tone. Here are a few that I've been wearing that aren't too drastic, look good with olive skin, and don't scare the ba-jezus out of me.

I know all of these somewhat look the same, but once they're on they don't at all.

IMG_0911



The first one (starting from the top - or left) is Nars Mayflower, which I just got at Sephora for $26.
IMG_0912

IMG_0922




The next one I'm still a bit uncomfortable and scared to wear (haha) but it looks great with olive skin and I absolutely adoooreeee matte. This one I'd say is not a beginner lip because it's a bright pop of color. It's e.l.f. Matte Lip Color in Rich Red. It was hard to get a picture of it because unfortunately it melted in the car :( but I got it from Target for only a few dollars so it's no problem to get a new one :)
IMG_0913

IMG_0914





The third one is MAC Frost; Creme de la Femme. This one looks a lot brighter once it's on lips rather than on my hand or just in the tube. This one also gives me a bit of anxiety but is more subtle than the red and is gorgeous for summer.
IMG_0918

IMG_0924



Lastly, this one I got at Target also. It was recommended by a friend and is such a lovely color. It's more bold than the first NARS color but is very similar. I had a MAC one that looked just like it but my little sister used all of it.. mostly on her face haha :). This one if my favorite!
IMG_0919

IMG_0925

IMG_0962


Here are a few of my favorite pics of olive skinned celebs wearing lovely colored lipsticks :)

kat-graham-purple-plum-lipstick

leona-lewis-makeup-coral-lipstick










Hope this helps :)
-A xo

No comments:

Post a Comment