Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Deal With Fatty Hair: Malibu Shampoo

Hey everyone!
I've had some issues with having really fatty hair. What I mean by fatty hair is that it gets greasy after one day of being washed due to excessive sebum. Excessive sebum is the opposite of having a dry scalp (here's more info on excessive sebum --> LoveToKnow). Over the past few years I have noticed my hair thinning, and struggled to follow the 'wash 2-3 times a week' routine without covering my head with a hat because of the grease. Also, rather than having flakes, like dandruff, tiny balls of oily skin gather. I know, sounds kind of gross, right? Well it isn't. This is something that is completely normal that a lot of people deal with! I haven't had the issue of this being visible, but I have felt it, and know that many people do have problems with is being some what visible. Like I said, this is normal and nothing to be embarrassed about. Having oily hair has also caused minor acne around my hair line, just as an oily face can cause acne. For a long while, I never knew the cause of my hair loss, the small clogs of oily sebum were.
After some long research, I have found out that the best thing for my hair was an all natural organic shampoo that contained no chemicals, sulfates, parabens, etc. I took a trip to the grocery store (the one near me is Wegmans), and took a look around for the best, cleanest, clear shampoo I could find and felt like I could trust. Malibu Scalp Wellness Shampoo is the one I started using and even after one wash I could feel the difference.
Here's what it looks like:
It's a 100% vegan shampoo, is clear in color, is free of sulfates, parabens, & more, and works to normalize the state of your scalp.
I've been using it for 3 weeks now and the difference in my hair is astonishing. I have volume and a lightness to my hair after every wash, and a feeling of coolness to my scalp. I can practice an every-other-day shampooing routine and not have unbearable greasy hair on the second day. I even have gone as far as to rub the shampoo on my hair line and mid-forehead area where the spots were arising, and it worked! The shampoo dries the area up and keeps my hair line from getting oily.
I started my first week with washing my hair with the shampoo daily. I personally feel that this routine worked best for my oily hair, especially since skipping a day leaves me with oily hair and sebum build up on my scalp when the third day rolls around, and I know that that's washing day, but it leaves me feeling that I am allowing the excessive sebum to come back rather than eliminate it and have normal hair, with no ball-like build up. So if anyone else has any experience or info on this matter and has some great advice, I would love to hear it :)
I hope this can help! I know how embarrassing it can be and uncomfortable, but don't be shy to ask any questions.
-A xo

No comments:

Post a Comment